Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kids Who Hate Math

I like to think that I live in a perfect world where all children love all subjects, but I know that is just not true. I know when I get into my own classroom I will be faced with a child who will exclaim "I HATE MATH!!" This saddens me because I feel it is truly notthe child's fault that he/she hates math,but simply that they are a result of poor teaching. I know from experience that the majority of the reason  that I disliked a subject in school came from the teacher that illuminated an  image of distaste on a subject. In my classroom, when I am faced with this child I will simply try to show enthusiasm for all subjects and engage students in subjects that truly interest them so that they will be able to at least tolerate subjects of dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment